The Defense Health Agency (DHA) is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS. This position supports the Medical Treatment Facilities that fall within the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Coordinates execution of NCR medical logistics core competencies relating to effective and efficient supply chain management to include procurement and acquisition procedures, inventory management, storage and distribution, and transport of medical supplies.
- Provides routine reports to NCR leadership on supply chain management issues and initiatives relating to DHA supply chain metrics such as E-commerce utilization, dead stock, leveling, and use of the government purchase card.
- Briefs senior medical logistics managers and NCR senior leadership on supply chain management support for key events and activities.
- Plans, prepares, executes, and assesses supply chain management operations to increase efficiency, standardization, and cost-savings throughout the NCR.
- Facilitates compliance with prescribed budgets, Federal laws and regulations, and DHA procedural instructions, technical manuals, and other requirements related to overall supply chain management for the NCR.
- The work is primarily performed in an office-like setting involving everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions. The employee uses safe work practices with office equipment, avoids trips or falls, and observes safety and fire regulations. If lifting is required, the employee uses established, safe lifting policies to perform the lift. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and in-depth knowledge and recent experience with military medical logistics functions and operations.
- In-depth understanding of supply chain mandatory sources of supply to include the Prime Vendor (PV) Program, Electronic Catalog (ECAT), and the ECAT Just-In-Time (JIT) Program.
- In-depth knowledge of the Defense Medical Materiel (DMM) Online website and its suite of applications, the Distribution and Pricing Agreement (DAPA) process, and Enterprise Standardization.
- Understanding of MHS GENESIS and the interoperability with the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) and the ability to physically and financially account for medical supplies provided to or used on patients.
- In-depth understanding of NCR and DHA supply principles, practices, concepts and methodologies pertaining to medical supply chain operations practices, policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge and recent experience with the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) specifically the Inventory Management, Customer Account Inventory Management (CAIM), Joint Medical Asset Repository (JMAR), and the Business Intelligence modules in sufficient depth to analyze data, and to recognize and resolve problems.