The Defense Health Agency (DHA) is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS. This position supports the Medical Treatment Facilities that fall within the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Coordinated execution of NCR Biomedical Equipment efforts
- Provides routine reports to NCR leadership on equipment status, issues, and initiatives
- Briefs NCR senior leadership on Biomedical key events and activities
- Plans, prepares, executes, provides oversight of Biomedical Equipment Policies & Procedures
- Performs a wide-range of biomedical and engineering services for the integration of new and emerging healthcare technologies in the NCR, with an emphasis on the implementation and standardization of solutions that enhance integrated logistics support. Incumbent also manages the prioritization, installation, and modernization actions for capital equipment related procurements.
- Facilitates compliance with DHA procedural instructions, manuals, and other requirements pertaining to Biomedical Equipment for the NCR
- Facilitates testing, repair, transfer, and turn-in operations related to Biomedical Equipment within the NCR
- Facilitates Biomedical Equipment property allocation and continuity for the NCR
- Facilitates Biomedical Equipment operations to include work order management, routine maintenance, and oversees major repairs as required for the NCR
- Ensures Biomedical Equipment activities are managed within their prescribed budget
- Ensures Biomedical Equipment purchase are completed on time and within budget
- In-depth knowledge and resent experience with Military Biomedical Equipment program.
- In-depth knowledge and resent experience with Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS).
- In-depth Knowledge and resent experience with General Fund Enterprise Busyness System. (GFEBS).
- National Capital Region (NCR) experience is a plus.
- Multiple Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) experience.
- Experience with Military Biomedical Equipment program at a regional level within cost, schedule, and performance parameters
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience.
- At least 15 years of experience leading a biomedical team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to contribute as a member of a team.
- Ability to operate without direct supervision.
- Experience with supply, transportation, and facility logistics.
- Must exhibit exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Microsoft Teams.