We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support services to our customer, ensuring the highest level of patient safety, accuracy, patient improvement and efficiencies across the Military Health Service. This role supports the mission of the National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) to optimize health and wellness through effective and efficient healthcare practices and service delivery.
The successful candidate will navigate the evolving environment of National Defense Authorization Act transitions, audits, IT system implementations, and budget constraints. You will be involved in process improvements, program management, training & communication, and systems integration, all within the dynamic NCR market.
Your task will be to provide financial guidance to the NCR-MD, reviewing current practices and recommending best practices for resource management in healthcare delivery. This role is based at the Walter Reed National Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Your professional audit response, remediation, internal controls, and systems integration support skills will be essential in this role.
- Develop and implement program plans and business process re‐engineering strategies.
- Analyze customer requirements, make sound recommendations, and implement actions for program success.
- Develop a monthly Human Capital Management Report, including manpower authorization documents.
- Lead the development and implementation of key programs and/or processes for the organization.
- Perform financial analysis and program operation evaluation.
- Develop briefs for government leadership and board meetings.
- Refine annual programming and budget guidance based on the organization’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate and consult on multiple projects, studies, and systems analyses associated with healthcare programs.
- Experience in a senior healthcare administration position at an MTF-level (e.g., Department Chief, Directorate Senior Administrator, etc.) is strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, finance, accounting, or a related technical field
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- PMP, CPA, FACHE, LSS BB, or similar certification
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with financial management systems such as FMIS, M2, DMHRSi, EAS IV, GFEBS
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare financial management principles
- Familiarity with budget and program principles
- Understanding of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures from OPM, DoD, DA, and DHA
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and summarize pertinent information
- Experience in presenting data-informed recommendations
- Proficiency in data scrubbing and manipulation, especially for clinical data